Top Ad 728x90

04 June 2013

, , ,

Tim Lambesis: On An Alter Perspective

In the years of my existence as an individual and a lover of music, Tim Lambesis is one of those persons who inspire me to pursue my endeavors and take life to fullest. I’m always fascinated by the way he weaves music and how it greatly inspires thousands, if not millions, of people all over the world.

I posted this article few months ago on my Wordpress.com blog right after the shocking news about a heavy metal band artist who was accused for hiring a hit-man to kill his estrange wife. Well, since the words are originally written by me (ahem!), I took the splendid idea to post it here and might as well share my insights in the blogger community. Here it goes! 


Front Man of "As I Lay Dying"

In the years of my existence as an individual and a lover of music, Tim Lambesis is one of those persons who inspire me to pursue my endeavors and take life to fullest.  I’m always fascinated by the way he weaves music and how it greatly inspires thousands, if not millions, of people all over the world. Tim Lambesis, if you haven’t known him yet, is the lead singer and co-founder of the heavy metal band, As I Lay Dying. Also, he’s known for being the man-all-over Austrian Death Machine, a metal side project of him that parodies and pays tribute to Arnold Schwarzenegger’s films. He has this gift of writing musical lyrics in such way that people get astonished not only by enticing musical appeal it has but also the message it conveys. Tim Lambesis, in other words, is one of my heroes and I won’t question myself on that. Unfortunately, this hero of mine has to fight the greatest battle in life – to seek for the truth.


If you’re going to search for his name (right now) in search engines, you’ll find an array of disturbing news; one that will surely break your heart if you have known Tim for decades and I’m pretty sure you won’t like the way this music of his goes. Recently, he was arrested for a Murder-For-Hire plot –accused for hiring someone to kill his estranged wife. When I heard of this, I was in a deep shock and I can’t seem to find any bearable reason why Tim has to do such cruelty. He was known for his faith and how he stands for it despite the sullen environments that he’s in. For me, Tim is the type of person, given the fact that he has tattoos and appearance of a genuine metal head, who can’t even lay a hand on somebody. He’s a good guy and number of people can commend him on this. Anyway, going back to his search for the truth, I read his blog on Tumblr.com and concurred that something is really different in him now.  The blog discusses his thoughts on why he wrote “A Greater Foundation” and clarifies it with his fans in a subtle way. He said, “I wrote the lyrics in a way to process some of the religious beliefs from childhood that I had let go in exchange for finding the truth.” He further stated, “The more I sought truth, not corrupted by years of religious history, the more I kept finding answers I didn't want to.” I’m not into any religious dogmas or fenced by denominational entity, but, these lines have put a dagger in my heart indeed. So if you’ll ask me, why am I so concern about Tim Lambesis or the hell should I care about him? Reason is, I can feel the pain he has to endure after finding this truth inside his heart and comprehending the answers he doesn't want to embrace; knowing that this revelation has made him feel like his world is falling apart (as what he sufficed in his blog). I even battled with myself on what he could possibly mean on, “Unfortunate are those people who accept what they have been taught by either their schools or churches without question.” Well, it’s up to you on how you would take these words and I don’t want to ferret out my personal take on this. But, as what he concluded on this writing, “Education is not God but truth certainly does set people free,” I’m pretty sure that Tim would just want us to recognize the truth in our lives and give us a hope on the aftermath of this demolition in our hearts. He knows that people could have noticed the drastic changes in his life, not mentioning the way he writes the lyrics of their song in the band Pyrithion, his new-founded band who just recently released an EP album. But then again, we can’t really say what Tim was thinking during the span of these changes or if it has any connections on his plot to kill his estranged wife. However, one thing is very certain –life is full of enigmas.

Heavy Metal Band




If you have read this blog as well as Tim’s, I won’t be surprised if you won’t agree. You have your own perspective. I respect yours and you should respect mine as well. Overall, I’m also not saying that Tim Lambesis’ current situation is a result of his newly found endeavor. You and I are not in the liberty to judge him. There are vast shortcomings filed up in our sleeves and we all have our own little devils lurking inside; waiting to devour our distinctions. But, we have the freedom to pursue that truth regardless what society might think or conceive from us. With this, I want to thank Tim for imbuing me, again, and giving me the opportunity to see it from his own view.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Top Ad 728x90