Top Ad 728x90

11 June 2013

, , , ,

7 Things I Did On My Birthday

When you say "Birthdays," these types of celebrations are often parallel with cakes, confetti (I think), beverages and, of course, food - lot of food. Don't get me wrong, okay? This is how I perceive it. However, to fill that void inside me, I just think that I'm old enough to settle with pancakes. Nah, so much for the drama and let's just get started.

Birthday cakes and celebration
Last time on my previous post, I stated that I'll write something about my birthday. To be specific, things on how I celebrated it. It was really not that special. Not at all. It's more of me just sharing it to world. Isn't it lovely? To tell you honestly, I had this type of festivity exactly the same last year. Although the scenes are quite different in terms of probability and aspect, they were (entirely) peculiar. I guess Thor was just really angry that time and I prefer to call it a coincidence. Hmm... Coincidence? I don't even know this term. 




When you say "Birthdays," these types of celebrations are often parallel with cakes, confetti (I think), beverages and, of course, food - lot of food. Don't get me wrong, okay? This is how I perceive it. However, to fill  that void inside me, I just think that I'm old enough to settle with pancakes. Nah, so much for the drama and let's just get started. 

Simply put, these were exactly the scenes.

 SLEEPING

Sleeping Cartoon

After a rigorous time at work, I went home around 11:00 AM to call it a day. If you're wondering, my regular job requires me to be nocturnal that's why it had to be like that. Going back, when I was at home already, I found sanctuary in my bed. I slept for more or less 4 hours and woke up around 3:00 PM. It was cool. A nice way to start my date of birth. 




SMOKING

A Dangerous Practice

I filled my stomach after being a sleeping-beauty King. After all, I didn't eat dinner last night, so, it was just right to have something for my belly. When the tables were done, I decided to destroy my lungs. I lighted a cigar and puffed the magic dragon. It was definitely enticing and reminded me that I have some laundries to do. But hey, it's my Birthday. I ought to have some offs. 



WRITING

Pen and Paper for Writing

When it was time to check my email, I was hoping not to get some workloads from my client. I thought that he'll be more concern of the fact that I should be celebrating my day. "Alvin, do what you want. That will be your task for today. Go!" However, the story went against my scripts. To make it short, I spent 3 hours doing some write-ups. "Well, it's okay. I get to earn a few dollars."


HUDDLING UP

Late in going to the office


It was almost 7:00 PM, so, I have to do things quick. My nighttime job will start at 8:00 PM and I don't want my Boss to scare the hell out of me.  In a blink of an eye, I was done taking a bath, brushing my teeth, wearing my suit and drinking my coffee. I did all of this for 20 minutes. What the? Just don't the statistics. I was even mesmerized to see how fast things went. 




THANKING THOR

God of Thunder

At exactly 7:30 PM, I started walking out of the house and got myself ready for what's coming. Indeed, I got myself ready; just enough to prepare some energy for Thor's unbelievable gift. The Norse God thrust his hammer and the weather just fairly obeyed him. Then, the rain marched and I started singing, "Rain rain go away. Come again another day because it's my birthday. La la la." The cloud's curtain fell and I just saw Thor with a grim. Sigh, he just wrote an exclamation point that time. So, why do I have to thank Thor? My mom said that rain is a blessing especially when it pours during your birthday. I think mother has to put the adjective, hard, on the term (pours). It was not rain! It was a storm!





RECEIVING THE BLESSING 

Hands Receiving Blessing

Okay, so my Mom said that rain is a blessing. If that's the case, then why do I have to pave the way just for the rainwater not to flood our house? Why do I have to drench in the water and unclog the drainage system just to make sure that our crib will not become a swimming pool in an instant? Oh my Thor! You got to be kidding me. Well, things are bound to happen. There's nothing I can do. To conclude, I stayed there for almost 5 hours. Yes, 5 hours and that brings me around midnight. Okay, that's not cool. Seriously.


ANTICIPATING

Future telling to anticipate

When Thor's greetings finally went to a full stop and my job was done, I sat on a chair outside to rethink what have had just happened. Unfortunately, my brain was not in the mood to digest any thought. I can't blame him (brain), though. Even up to now, I technically don't know why it's "Anticipating."



This was barely new to me. Last year, I experienced the same thing too; only that it was Penelope who visited me. All the while, they still gave me a reason to call it a birthday - the chance to withstand a new day in life. Basically, I really don't define birthdays with chocolate cakes or numbered candles. I just hope that next year, Hades will be my guest. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Top Ad 728x90