Top Ad 728x90

22 July 2013

, , , , ,

Why I'm Still Courting "WRITING" Until Now

Indeed, this site has still a lot of loads to do before it makes any recognition in the blogosphere. With all the various websites lurking in the latter, the former would definitely have a hard time snaking through the labyrinth. The best thing, however, is that writing has no barriers; a single phrase or word can either be precised or ambiguous when it comes to this niche. It totally depends on how passionate the writer is, though.

Why I'm Still Courting "WRITING" Until Now

Indeed, this site has still a lot of loads to do before it makes any recognition in the blogosphere. With all the various websites lurking in the latter,  the former would definitely have a hard time snaking through the labyrinth. The best thing, however, is that writing has no barriers; a single phrase or word can either be precised or ambiguous when it comes to this niche. It totally depends on how passionate the writer is, though. One can perceive an array of perspectives and/or ideologies regardless of the subject being sufficed. For me, nonetheless, writing is literature and I'm fueled to write despite the countless walls that surround me.


Literature Writing Poetry
Before college life began, I developed euphoria towards poetry. I started falling in-love to this art bit by bit; it felt like I need to quench my thirsts for its existence. Thus, I drank the waters of (poetry). At first, reading poems from poets like Robert Frost (Fire and Ice), William Ernest Henley (Invictus), Edgar Allan Poe (Annabel Lee) and, William Shakespeare (Sonnets), of course, was my favorite. Although it’s undeniable that I might be biased with Shakespeare, especially with the fact that he’s really famous, all of them, though, had inspired me.



Hence, I started fabricating my own poems. In the early stage of my college endeavors, weaving melancholic poems was not enough for me.

Why I'm Still Courting "WRITING" Until Now
My insatiable hunger for literature devoured my soul. I wanted to grasp on tighter foundation to support my passion for writing. Eventually, I started reading books (again) and, inch by inch, I welcomed article writing into my life. So, I overwhelmingly wrote stuffs regularly. Unfortunately, like how diamonds turn into a beauty, it was not that easy. I wished I could have paid more attention to my English teacher’s lesson during high-school. Or, at least, went to her class more often than playing computer games. Alas, regrets came knocking on my door–so loud that I can’t even hear myself praying. Still, I didn't give up. I devoted a time to better understand the English language instead of Mathematics when I’m supposedly an Engineering student that time. Moreover, it wasn't enough; there was still this void that I really need to fill.

Why I'm Still Courting "WRITING" Until Now
In the next days, I found myself in the Literature curriculum. Yes, I shifted from Engineering to Literature. Such a dumb move, you might say. But hey, I was totally happy. Needless to say, I reunited with my aforementioned poets and other great writers too (Christopher Marlowe, Alexander Pope, etc.). However, this decision was not easy, but it was worth the risk. Personally, I’m really grateful to my mentor and band-mate, Presario (not his real name). Not only that we played and wrote music together, he was also one of the reasons why I found satisfaction in writing. But of course, the road was not that easy. I had to face my Giants from time to time. Technically, he taught me things about Figures of Speech, Grammar and everything that concerns English and Literature. Essentially, they were all crucial in a sense that I want to enhance not only my English vocabulary, but my songwriting as well. I’m trying to hit two birds with one stone. Fortunately, as the pages of my life’s book flipped, I was progressing. Presario, my mentor, even commended me on such remarkable timeline of my life. Literally, I owe a lot to that man. He was one hell of teacher, though (if only I can suffice it here).

Why I'm Still Courting "WRITING" Until Now
In a nutshell, I’m blogging because I love writing. Although part of me would like to say (ahem!) that I want to monetize this site, writing is, without a doubt, a necessity in my being. Now, I want to say this because there are people out there who continue to mind my business instead of theirs. From every blah-blah to hilariously blah-blah-blah, they seem to know my distinction more than myself. Isn't that ironic and… superficial? Nonetheless, they are also the sole reason why I’m still writing today and even in the future. They not only gave me the desire to burn them and… nah, just kidding. I mean, they don’t only inspire me to pursue my endeavor, they have had given me the opportunity to absorb their oppressions and use my pen (and laptop, also) to write. To wit, “I am the master of fate; I am the captain of my soul.”  

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Top Ad 728x90