Top Ad 728x90

10 August 2013

, , , ,

Kuya Ed’s: The Simple Yet Satisfying Restaurant

Kuya Ed’s Restaurant: The Simple Yet Satisfying Restaurant
Since I'm a food lover and my beer belly speaks of it, I can't merely resist the excitement I get when eating. Yes, you heard it right. If others say that eating is some sort of espionage, mine is quite different. The former is simply my niche. Call me swine or slob, but I can think and act better when my stomach is full. Well, everybody wants to fill that ever-empty-stomach especially after a long day. Although you might not believe me, food concoction is one of the reasons why I enjoy tasting (and eating, of course) the different mouthwatering dishes that a restaurant may offer. By the way, let me just remind that this is not a food blog. It so happens that one of the Culprits is a culinary lover. I may try writing more about food, though. What do you think?


Recently, I came across to one of the town’s buffet establishments where your cravings for food will surely be handled. My love for food brought me at the very heart of this restaurant and, at the same time, found the luxury of addressing my insatiable hunger. Well, I’m the type of guy who wants to devour most of the delectable delicacies, if not all, that my eyes could perceive. Kuya Ed’s offers simple yet mouthwatering cuisines and/or beverages that give relief after a very long day. Part of their menus is some salad concoctions and you have the liberty to choose either fruits or vegetables. If you’re one of those who can’t live without deserts, well, you’re in for a treat. Kuya Ed’s provides these guilty pleasures of ours for they believe that there will always be “a room for deserts.”

Kuya Ed's Restaurant
tripadvisor.co.uk
One of their front liners is the bottomless iced tea where you can drench yourself -- to the max, that is. But, just make sure you’ll have this one after trying all their voluptuous dishes -- you don’t want to get replete right away. Also, I had the time to chat with one of the waiters and discovered some interesting facts about how the business started. The owner, Kuya Ed (where the restaurant got its name), started as a waiter in Manila for almost a decade. He worked at various noted establishments such as Mario’s Steakhouse, Barrio Fiesta and Via Mare. I can actually think of Chief Boy Logro from him. However, his passion for culinary fueled him to pursue culinary and build his own name. Eventually, Kuya Ed’s buffet restaurant was put into existence and the rest was history. 

Kuya Ed's Restaurant

In a nutshell, Kuya Ed’s will make sure that your stomach will be filled. Yes, filled and they won’t disappoint you on that. If you’re still in doubt, just go ahead and try it by yourself.  So, be captivated and pay them a visit at Magallanes St., Davao City fronting Grand Men Seng hotel and be the judge. And oh, I almost forgot, send my regards to the talking bird that will welcome you at the doorsteps. Also, if you're thinking why the hell I'm suddenly writing about a restaurant, here's my answer: "Gee, kid. Welcome to the RANDOM!"

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Top Ad 728x90