Top Ad 728x90

30 August 2013

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

The Tale of the Caveman: Fastfood Chronicles

So after a whole night’s shift and my body clock still adjusting, (It’s been a hard night’s day and I’ve been workin’ like a dog) my cave man nature inevitably kicks in. Not that I’m not already a cave man during my energetic hours, what I mean is after I’m all tired from work, I sort of devolve about two stages backward,

So after a wholenight’s shift and my body clock still adjusting, (It’s been a hard night’s day and I've been workin’ like a dog) my cave man nature inevitably kicks in. Not that I’m not already a cave man during my energetic hours, what I mean is after I’m all tired from work, I sort of devolve about two stages backward,


Darwinian-evolution-

Like a good caveman I started to look for something that can satisfy my primeval urges, appease my feral/beast nature. Yes, I’m talking about food but I like the way you think *wink*.  And with that, my Homo Habilis instincts almost instantly sought for the best possible refuge: under the cool shades of the Golden Arches - the fast food chain that’s supposedly responsible for making an entire country miserably obese. But at that time, of course, I couldn't care less, I was like ‘just give me my double cheese and no one gets hurt, okay?’

So I walked in the establishment like so, and was disappointed to find out that they only served pancakes for breakfast, no burgers in the menu. So I stood there for a couple of minutes or so trying to decide if I just go somewhere else or make demands to the manager to put burger in their menu right away because I said so (yes, I seriously considered the latter option coz I’m pretty sure people get irrational and irritable when they lack sleep).

Fortunately, my important-member-of-polite-society persona won (for now) and decided to settle on McChicken instead or whatever they call it. So I went to the cash register and there’s this nice young lady who attended to me. She was like, ‘Welcome to McDonald’s sir. May I take your order?’ saying it in the sweetest way possible with sunshine and rainbows ‘round her. And I was, ‘yes. I’ll have one piece chicken Mcdo.’ And it’s all good right? - Your typical fast food transaction. But little Miss Sweetcheeks said something that almost snapped the bejeezus outa me, “It’s 86 pesos sir, okay lang?”


food-chain-girl-fastfood-chronicles
                                                                                           http://i.telegraph.co.uk

Soooo, you would like to purchase our food, eh? Really now.


‘Okay lang?’ let me repeat that one more time, ‘Okay lang?’ What the fuck does that suppose to mean? Is that the corporate way of saying ‘ya know what, there’s this cheap-ass dirty food stall ‘bout a couple o’ blocks away that sells the almost the same shit we have here, only shittier. Suits you better, knowatamean?’ Right then and there I remember being on the verge of intense berserker rage and just ready to spew the flames of Inferno itself all over that stupid branch. Remember that I only slept for four quick hours that day and was starving to death. Not that I’m complaining about my job. My job’s fine it’s just when you haven’t really slept like a normal person should for an entire week, things get into you real easily. On a usual day, I could have just brushed that comment off. Because really, what she said was not something that’s infuriating. On a usual day, I might not have even heard that remark because I would be focusing on my day ahead and my meal.

But my lesser cave man side at that time kind of took it personally and could not comprehend why this girl, who appeared so cute and so nice, said something that would hurt the ego of, well, a lesser cave man. Was it because of the way I dressed and looked?  I looked like someone who works on a fossil fuel mining site with my 90’s revival lumberjack boots and khaki jacket and a month-old beard. Or was it because I stood too long behind the lines when I was looking for double cheese and found none? Did she interpret that as me being unable to pick right away because I look too broke for a goddamned fast food chain?

The-Tale-of-the-Caveman-Fastfood-Chronicles
                                                                                                                                                                             http://cdn.bleacherreport.net
Yes, with fries and a large diet coke please.


So my lesser cave man had had enough of that shit and did what a lesser man cave had to do – debase himself further. What I did is that I flashed the highest bill from my wallet and shoved it to her filthy cock sucking, sperm swallowing mouth. Nah, just kidding. I showed it to her and she refused it saying they didn't have change for such an amount. Then I walked out indignantly. We’re even now. That showed her. No one tries to make fun of me and gets away with it. I have regained my pride.
    
Now, I think everyone here would agree with me if I say that that reaction was sheer stupid douchebaggery. All I have accomplished was that I successfully went down her level to fight her childish skirmish. Alright, I get it, people judge people by the way they look. We can do little to change that. And I know how I look and I chose to look this way. But to drop even the most subtle hints to imply that one is more sosyal than the other just so the sosyal one can feel better about herself to me is a shallow thing to do and  makes the person involved unworthy of the respect she demands from others. And I can’t help but feel a little embarrassed of myself for getting caught in her Who Has More Unnecessary Material Possessions game. Yeah sure, I was exhausted that time but looking back at it now, man, that was one massive dick move. Guess this is one of those winning the war but losing the battle scenarios.


So just a pro tip – try to get a good night’s sleep (or good day’s sleep, depending on what you’re doing)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Top Ad 728x90