Top Ad 728x90

01 August 2013

, , , , , ,

The Inevitable Copy-Paste Era

Others say that blogging is one of the avenues where you can see the world from another view and, at the same time, being able to earn money. Before we go into details, let me explain the former first. Blogging, one way or another, is a form and an art of writing–a craft that can be used as a window of imaginations. You may want to ask Shakespeare to understand what I’m saying. Figurative, isn't? On the other hand, blogging can give you opportunities to earn enough for to you to have food in the table. You can buy a mansion if you’re a certified one also.

The Invetiable Copy-Paste Era
Photo Source: www.empowernetwork.com
Others say that blogging is one of the avenues where you can see the world from another view and, at the same time, being able to earn money. Before we go into details, let me explain the former first. Blogging, one way or another, is a form and an art of writing–a craft that can be used as a window of imaginations. You may want to ask Shakespeare to understand what I’m saying. Figurative, isn't? On the other hand, blogging can give you opportunities to earn enough for to you to have food in the table. You can buy a mansion if you’re a certified one also. However, as these terms complement each other, more and more individuals are not getting the concept of blogging and monetizing.



The Invetiable Copy-Paste Era
Have you seen how polluted the Blogosphere is? From copy-paste contents to near-garbage quality, you can perceive everything that pertains to unprofessionalism. I’m not proclaiming that I’m the opposite of the latter. But, I can’t just stop feeling absurd every time I see a blogger saying, “I’m a professional blogger,” and/or like this, “Please share MY blog to this and that.” Thus, later would you find out that his/her posts were originally posted from a legit blogger. If you want, you can check blogs that discuss widgets, plugins, blogging tutorials, etc. (not only from this type of niche, though).You’ll be amazed on how true my words are. Moreover, the worst thing that could ever happen is they tend to utilize these copyrighted contents for money-making. Yes, monetizing in a sense. And, this hypocrisy is very blatant in the cyberspace.
Actually, there was this time where I chanced upon a site that teaches you how to customize a certain widget for your blog, customize template, etc. I was really satisfied with the tutorial; not only that the lesson was delivered efficiently, the writer’s choice of words is merely technical as well. Unfortunately, as I scroll down to his website, I read a comment from a very angry and disappointed, of course, individual. Later did I realize that this raged commenter, who was so furious and frustrated, was the original creator of the said tutorial. In other words, he became a victim of content-stealing.

Now, if you were that guy, you would feel the same. But, because Blogosphere’s boundaries are unfathomable, it’s hard to anticipate such abhorred event. Although there are cyberspace entities who can offer radical solutions, it’s still not that precise. For example, you have your website protected from copy-pasting or right-clicking, but one can still choose to copy and rewrite it manually –arduous yet very practical. I guess this is one of the things we need to expect once we enter the world of blogging. Plus, this is inevitable.
The Invetiable Copy-Paste Era
Photo Source: brownstonecambridge.wordpress.com
Nevertheless, let’s look at the brighter side. There are still people who recognize the essence of writing or blogging despite the existence of these ugly scavengers. Well, it’s good news. On top of that, they are more concern about enhancing their Zeus-given skills because minding those lich is just a pain in their pens. Given all these arguments (if I may label them), I’m not exclaiming that I’m an elite and/or a certified grammarian. I just pay a great respect on writing, though. I’d rather post around 1-2 articles per day than 3-5 posts which are not entirely original. This is totally out of my league. Yet, I would still be honest on the monetizing part; earning money while blogging, however, is a privilege. I’ll be proud to say this as long as I’m a certified blogger–original and quality-oriented, that is.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Top Ad 728x90